First United Methodist Church of Oxford
Job Description – Youth Director
The primary purpose of the Youth Director is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; and to train them in serving Christ with their life. The individual will also oversee and support the activity entrusted to leadership of the youth program.
The Youth Director will be expected to incorporate our mission, vision and core values into the youth program.
Mission: The mission of the church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Vision: Oxford First United Methodist Church is Jesus-centered, grace-filled, and committed to transforming lives to Christ.
- Radical Hospitality
- Passionate Worship
- Intentional Faith Development
- Risk Taking Mission and Service
- Extravagant Generosity
- Provide leadership for the weekly United Methodist Youth (UMY) program.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, and discipleship.
- Promote and seek adult volunteers.
- Participate in youth programs including Sunday worship.
- Submit and follow an annual budget, as approved by the church council and manage fees and associated administrative documents for trips and events.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents and pastor updated. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulleting, newsletter, etc.).
Complete fifteen (15) hours of work weekly for the youth program:
- Sunday school/Sunday small group (1 hour)
- Sunday morning worship (1 hour)
- Sunday evening programming (2 hours)
- Wednesday evening programming (1.5 to 2 hours)
- Programming preparation (9 hours)
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Experience working with children and/or youth in an organized setting.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and a love for young people; embrace Christian discipleship and the United Methodist doctrine.
- Be in compliance with the Church’s Safe Sanctuary Policy and pass the criminal background check.
- Be qualified to drive church vehicles under current Safe Sanctuary Policy (Age 25).
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, energetic and personally motivated.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
The Senior Pastor will supervise and evaluate this position as outlined and defined in the United Methodist Discipline.
Submit a resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please call the church office: 256-831-3221